I was talking to my mom a few days ago, and was telling me about all the crafts and fun things she did with us kids growing up. We did a craft every day, whether it be play doh, construction paper, drawing, etc. I remember a little bit of it, and still love looking back at those memories. She also told me she started us on this ritual when we were about my Jens' age! So I decided I'd start the next generation on it!
I went shopping yesterday, and of course, went a little overboard. I bought a whole craft kit full of pompoms, pipe cleaners, glitter and stickers, markers, the crayola stampers for Jens' age group that he can grip in his fists, construction paper, play-doh, a HUGE "floor pad" of drawing paper, and glue sticks. But Jens and I sure had fun shopping!
I've also written out a rough schedule for which crafts to do each day, but I figure its fine to be flexible. So yesterday, we did Monday's activity, which was coloring with the stampers. Lets just say, he was covered! ;)
Today we did Play-doh, which he of course loved- both to play with and eat! ...I've got to figure out how to get him not to eat it, or we'll run out faster than it'll dry out! We also tried making funny glasses out of the pipe cleaners, but I've got to figure out the kinks first!
Anyways, here's some pics of those fun activities. Also a video of Jens roaring for the dinosaur I made for him!
No comments:
Post a Comment